Yisrael Gewirtz, CPA (Isr.), is a partner at the firm’s Fahn Kanne Control Management Ltd. subsidiary, and is the director of the auditing department that specializes in financial entities. Gewirtz, CPA serves as the internal auditor at a number of institutional entities and public companies that are traded in Israel and the U.S. He is very active in the field of control at Biomed companies that are involved in clinical trials and biotech companies that market medical instrumentation. In addition, he serves as a consultant for government ministries on the topic of control, including the Finance Ministry, the Accountant General and the Capital Market Authority.
Areas of expertise
- Conducting internal audits in a variety of companies and on a variety of issues.
- He serves as the internal auditor of a number of institutional entities and public companies.
- He has conducted risk assessments at a variety of companies.
- He has implemented the provisions of the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) at a variety of institutional entities, government companies, public companies, the Israeli Health Funds and companies whose shares are traded abroad.
- He has conducted control projects in a variety of countries, in coordination with the international Grant Thornton network of which Fahn Kanne Control Management is the Israeli member firm.
- Yisrael has extensive experience in working with the internal auditors of large organizations.
2013: Certified Risk Manager (CRMA) from the U.S. Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
2006: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) from the U.S. Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
2005: Certified Public Accountant (Isr.)
1999 – 2002: Bachelors Degree in Economics and Accounting, Bar Ilan University