Izhar Kanne, CPA (Isr.), Co-Managing Partner at Fahn Kanne Grant Thornton Israel.
Mr.Kanne has many years of experience in the fields of auditing and accounting for the governmental sector, the private sector, not-for-profit, publicly traded companies reporting under the Securities Regulations and private companies.
He is also active in the various related service areas, such as: expert opinions for use in legal proceedings, economic consulting, etc. and he has served in various capacities on behalf of the Israeli courts.
In addition, he is a senior lecturer of auditing at a number of Israeli institutions of higher education and also at third-party conferences and seminars.
As part of his current public activity, CPA Kanne serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Peer Review Institute, as chairman of the Board of Directors of the Tel Aviv University Sports Center and a member of the professional committee of the Land Appraisers Council.
In the period 2015 – 2018, Mr. Kanne served as the president of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Israel and during that period he was active on behalf of the Institute in the Israeli parliament and on various regulatory bodies. CPA Kanne served as the chairman of the board of Diyunon (the Tel Aviv University Book Store) and he was a member of the audit committee and the financial statements committee of the governing board. He represented Israel on the International Committee of CPAs for drafting International Auditing Opinions and he was the president of the Student Union at Tel Aviv University in 1988 and 1989.
Areas of expertise
- Government ministries and other governmental bodies
- Commercial companies, not-for profit organizations and public institutions
- Economic analyses and economic consultancy
- Auditing and control
- The Securities Law and prospectuses
- Professional experience and expertise in Israeli and international accounting standards
- Training of professional staff, managers and partners of the firm in connection with new and updated Israeli and international accounting standards
- Conducting audits of financial statements that are based on data that is maintained in ERP systems as opposed to SAP systems
- Implementation of accounting-related reforms
1992-1996 – MBA in "Finance" from Bar Ilan University
1990: CPA (Isr.) certification
1998: Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Israel – Received Medallion for Excellence in Studies – the highest grade point average in the graduating class of Tel Aviv University
1985-1988: BA in Accounting and Economics – Tel Aviv University – Cum Laude