Yakov Bershtein, CPA and lawyer, manages the capital market area, encouragement of capital investments and capital rewards to employees and service providers (employee options and service providers) in the office. Mr. Bershtein is a lawyer and a certified public accountant with over 15 years of tax experience.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Bershtein served as a senior manager at the tax department at the BIG4 office.
Mr. Bershtein accompanies and provides consulting services in Israeli and international taxation to Israeli residents and non-residents operating in a variety of fields, including: private and public companies, retail companies, technology and high-tech companies, financial institutions, branches of foreign companies in Israel. Mr. Bershtein amassed great experience in tax aspects of insurance companies, mutual funds, funds. Venture capital, hedge funds, private equity funds, investment and holding companies.
Areas of expertise
- Ongoing support for Israeli and international taxation issues, including representation with tax authorities, with emphasis on tax assessments
- Handling complex structure changes, due diligence, prospectus review and writing tax opinions
- Receiving tax arrangements (Ruling), some of them precedent tax arrangements in their field
- Review and preparation of tax reports for companies
- Support and advice for nonresidents in examining the tax aspects of their investments in Israel, including obtaining tax arrangements to regulate their activities in Israel, conducting transactions with banks in Israel and inquiries for tax refunds
- Coordinates the taxation in the field of employee compensation, including assistance in characterizing employee benefit plans, examining compliance with the terms of the tax ordinance, writing opinions and obtaining tax arrangements from the tax authorities
- Individual taxation - representation within voluntary disclosure procedures and residency opinions
2008-2009 Master degree (with honors) in Commercial Law (LLM), Buchman Law Faculty, Tel Aviv University with UC Berkeley University of California
1998-2002: Bachelor of Law (LLB), Buchman Law Faculty, Tel Aviv University
1998-2002: BA in Accounting, Recanati Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University.