More than ever, the world is a global village in which companies operate in a number of parallel markets. Business activity in international markets involves contending with a broad range of international tax issues. The international taxation experts of our tax department will assist you in managing your company’s tax policy in the most beneficial way possible, in both local and international markets, taking into consideration the entirety of your Group’s global activity. The cooperation we receive from the international tax experts of the Grant Thornton international network ensure that you will receive professional and accurate advice and that the handling of your affairs with local tax authorities around the globe will be fair and beneficial.
- Tax structuring and planning – Planning the proper tax structure of holdings and investments in Israel and abroad, mergers, spin-offs, intercompany transfers of assets, reorganizations, utilizing tax losses, reporting methods (including consolidated financial statements), benefits, incentive laws, etc.
- Transaction advisory and investment activity – consulting on agreements, contracts and special projects, from the planning stages through completion of execution, including participation in negotiating teams in advance of an agreement and planning the optimal tax structure for carrying out a transaction – on both local and international markets.
- Handling issues regarding value added taxation abroad.
- Implementation of the various methods involving transfer pricing.
- Assessment of tax considerations with regard to the transfer of operations to another location (in Israel and abroad).
- Utilizing benefits, incentives and tax credits under foreign laws and international tax treaties, granted by relevant countries.
- Assisting senior foreign senior executives in their local tax issues (expatriates and impatriates).
- Assistance in carrying out relocations, including advice to foreign residence regarding immigration to Israel.
- Assistance in implementing FATCA and CRS regulations – provided by consultants and colleagues from GT offices around the world.
The tax department works closely with its colleagues in GT member firms around the globe. The network consists of 500 partners, tax department managers and more than 4,500 professional employees who specialize in the field of taxation. These close working relationships facilitate international tax consulting, proper international tax planning, performance of transactions abroad and keeping abreast of the latest changes in tax legislation around the globe.
Partner, head of the international tax division, Tax departmentContact us