- Corporate finance Corporate finance
- Debt advisory Debt advisory
- Financial modelling
- Operational deal services
- Transaction services Transaction services
- Valuations Valuations
Value erosion can occur from up to two years before exiting a company.
The business value is often unrealistically 'talked' up, the growth story may not be rigorous, the performance track record is not clear and there may be challenging separation issues.
Businesses are often poorly prepared and by the time this is identified it is too late to have a significant impact on trajectory.
We have proven methods to enhance, present, articulate and defend value
Exiting the ownership of a business can be an emotional and turbulent time for most people. Having objective advisors who can remove the unnerving uncertainty adds value and we tailor our advice to how close you are to the transaction:
- Exit readiness – ideally 12 – 18 months ahead of the transaction we can help you identify and implement activities that will dramatically increase the value of your business
- Preparation for sale – closer to the transaction there are usually less options available, however, we can help you tailor the business to potential buyers and articulate the key value drivers to increase the attractiveness
Our experienced deal advisors can help you to maximise the value in a deal through:
- Enhancing value - working with you to identify performance opportunities across the whole business, including commercial, operational, technology, tax and working capital improvements
- Presenting value - helping you articulate your business and tailoring your deal to each type of buyer
- Articulating value - clarifying the commercial and operational position and supporting evidence to help your buyer understand the detail
- Defending value - reinforcing the story to ensure the buyers do not try to reduce the price of the business and erode value through negotiations
Our services give you:
- Early preparation and identification of risks
- Planning and alternative exit strategies
- Strong leadership of the exit process, and well supported robust business execution and forecasts
Financial due diligence
Making the right investment decision can have a significant impact on shareholder value.
To make an informed investment decision and create the best value from the transaction you will need the following:
- An understanding of the target business
- Identification and understanding of key business drivers
- An understanding of all the relevant issues
- Clear analysis, conclusions and recommendations
Pragmatic and commercial reporting with a focus on key issues
We are focussed on supporting our clients make that informed investment decision. We help clients do that by providing them with robust financial due diligence services that are clearly linked to their requirements as purchaser and also suitable for their funders.
We pride ourselves on our assignments being closely led by partners and directors, so that you get the benefit of our most experienced and senior people.
We tailor each engagement to meet your specific needs and prioritise our focus to key risk areas. This approach allows us to answer your key questions and allows you to confirm whether your investment rationale is robust.
We provide pragmatic and commercial insight and opinions and our reports focus on the main issues but are still comprehensive enough to provide you with a deep understanding of the business.
We communicate with you throughout the transaction process so you are aware of issues as they arise with no surprises. We provide expertise and practical advice on how to resolve issues and draw on the expertise of our colleagues from other services. In fact, our most satisfied clients comment on the seamless integration of financial due diligence with tax, commercial, operations, technology and HR insights.
Our international coverage, with Grant Thornton member firms in over 100 countries, allows us to support our clients on transactions both in the Israel and overseas.
Senior Manager, AdvisoryContact us