1998-2000: MBA, Hebrew University, major in finance and marketing
1995 -1997: BA in economics and business administration, Hebrew University
1990: Graduate of the Neve Shmuel Yeshiva High School, Efrat, physics and math
Mr. Rund has extensive experience in render comprehensive consulting services in the field of tenders, including the compilation of estimates for the tenders in many areas, compilation of price quotes and their economic analyses, preparation and examination of business plans, economic models for various tenders on behalf of dozens of publicly traded clients, municipalities and private companies.
• Energy and natural gas infrastructure – consultation in the area of converting plants from diesel to LPG and natural gas, consulting on projects of energetic efficiency, preparation of infrastructure tenders – the Timna airport, public buildings, etc.
• Tender consulting – drafting and accompaniment of tenders and procurement processes for government ministries – accompaniment of 1,500 government tenders over a period of more than fifteen years, for dozens of government entities and supporting bodies.
• Economic accompaniment of PPP/PFI tenders, economic consulting on PPP tenders valued at hundreds of millions of shekels each, tenders for the transportation of natural gas on behalf of the Natural Gas Authority, an efficiency tender for ESCO (Energy Savings Company) at 19 hospitals and a tender for A-3 speed cameras for the Ministry of Inland Security.
• Drafting business and marketing plans in a variety of areas: energy, hi-tech, health, industry, real estate, tourism, communications, etc.
• Valuations for business companies, the Companies Authority, and for privatization purposes.
• Construction – participation in program planning teams for the Israel Lands Administration and the Ministry of Housing.
• Communications – preparation of dedicated television channel tenders, economic and business consulting for the Second Authority, for the Israel Broadcasting Authority, and for the Cable Broadcasting Authority. Submission of business plans for bidders to the regional radio tenders.
• Preparation of economic surveys for exporters on behalf of the Export Institute.
• Fundraising from R&D funds of the EU (FP7) – for Israeli hi-tech companies such as Optibase, the RAD Group, IAI, IMI, El-Op, Verint, Alvarion, Motorola Israel, Compugen, Teva, etc.
• Business development and identifying strategic partners for hi-tech and startup companies.
• Marketing of government grants and funds – Office of the Chief Scientist, Approved Enterprise, Eureka, BIRD Fund, the Marketing Fund of the Ministry of Trade and Industry, etc.
• Project management – management of international projects for hi-tech companies as part of the financing programs of the EU.
Professional and public activity
• Participation as an economic consultant on inter-ministerial government committees – the Committee for the Reform of the Broadcasting Authority, and the Committee for the Handling of Foreign Workers.
• Economic consultant for the Natural Gas Authority in all matters concerning the Israeli natural gas market – including tenders for distribution, various economic models, supervision over transportation prices, etc.
• Chief tender consultant for the Ministry of Health – conducting economic examinations for presenting the feasibility to the economy that is demanded of medicines that are included in the basket of medicines, a business plan for rendering home medical services, an in-depth examination of the plan to add hospital beds in Israel.
• Macroeconomic examinations for various government ministries.